Wednesday 25 June 2014

Birthday Pinwheels ...




As promised we are back to Summer again today with no more mention of the 'C' word for a while!  I think you will agree that you cannot get much more Summery than bright coloured pinwheels so here is my little project for today!

I love this Pinwheel stamp from Kaisercraft.  Not only does it have the pinwheel shown but for anyone who knows me you will know that I adore bunting and this stamp set is covered with various styles of bunting so just about the perfect stamp set for me!

Here are a few step by step instructions if you fancy having a go at recreating it...


The base card is 14.5cm x 14.5cm.  

I cut a square of blue cardstock from my craft box to form the background.  The rest of the card was made using the Floral Pavilion Paper pack (part of the First Edition range from Trimcraft)

The blue square was positioned towards the top right of the card along with another strip of pink paper (from the paper pad) which is positioned at the bottom. 







The container holding the pinwheels is created by stamping out the jar from the 'Sweetie Jar' stamp set from Woodware.  I stamped it once onto white cardstock and then again onto a sheet of the blue spotty paper from the paper pad.  Trim the white jar just outside the line and trim the section of the blue jar as shown in the top picture.  Edge with a little neutral ink  and stick both parts of the jar together.

I cut out a small tag (freehand so that I could get the correct size)and added this along with some red twine.  The jar was then stuck into place with 3D foam.


The pinwheel was stamped onto coordinating papers from the pad and trimmed.  I stuck them onto white card and trimmed again (leaving a little white edge).  This will give them more support as they are also going to be stuck with foam pads to raise off the card.  Before I added them to the card I used a heart brad to create the center of each pinwheel.


 

Using one of the stamps from the Birthday Wishes set (also from Kaisercraft), I created the sentiment tag which was added to the left of the card along with some more twine (wrapped around the card) and three small pieces of paper cut with a 'v' shape to represent bunting.


 Fnially a second stamp was used from the Birthday Wishes stamp set and this was added to the bottom right hand side of the card.

I think that this card would make a great Birthday card for a  girl or even party invitations.

Enjoy the summer and I will be back with another bunting style card using the same Kaisercraft Sets later this week!

*******************************



1 comment: