Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Confetti Shaker Card ...

What a busy week we have had already and it is only Tuesday!  Whilst you are all enjoying this lovely sunshine we are thinking ahead to Christmas and have had lots of new Christmas stock arriving this month and next which we are trying to load up onto the website as fast as we can.  

We have also been busy chasing suppliers for Christmas stock deliveries which were supposed to be here last week and have still not arrived yet.  Those of you who have ordered any of the new Christmas Trimcraft ranges will know what we mean.  This stock was supposed to be here at the beginning of last week.  The latest update is that it will be here next Monday as Trimcraft have not received it yet.  I am sorry for the delay, I know that quite a few of you have ordered something from at least one of the ranges.  We will continue to chase the manufacturer and will dispatch your orders as soon as we can.  We have part dispatched orders where possible and will complete your orders for you very soon.  Thank you for your patience!

Anyway as I needed a little break from Christmas I thought that I would share a little shaker/confetti card using one of the new Cottage Cutz dies ...

The base card is from a pack of Kaisercraft C6 cards (black).  This can be set aside for the moment as the rest of the design is created on a second piece of black cardstock which measures approximately 95mm x 135mm.

On the second piece of black cardstock I created an aperture by using one of the Spellbinders scalloped circle Nestabilities (S4125).  Before running it through the Grand Callibur I held it in place with a small piece of Stencil Tape {note: the stencil tape is low tack but for extra security I still press it onto the back of my hand a couple of times before using to remove a little more of the adhesive and I tend to stick the tape to the card in the area of waste (i.e. here on the part of the card to be thrown away) just in case!}

Once the aperture is cut using a circle punch and some sheets from the Tropical Textura Cardstock pack I punched circles and positioned them around the card to create polka dots {I took this photograph and then actually moved the colours around before sticking them into place for the final card - which is why you can see different colours on the final design}.  When you are happy stick them into place with a tape runner and trim.

The confetti in the card is created using the Textura cardstock again and a tiny heart punch from Woodware.

Instead of using acetate for the shaker part of the card I used a cello bag so that the card would lie flatter and there would not be any need to use foam tape. 

Take all of your punched hearts and drop them into a cello bag. Roll the edges of the bag and hold down with a tape runner.  Make sure that the cello bag is large enough so that you cannot see the edges through the aperture of your card but not too large that it overlaps the edge of the black card.

Set the confetti bag aside.  

For the next stage I used the Birthday Candles die from Cottage Cutz and cut it from white cardstock.  I used small pieces of the Tropical cardstock  and with a glue pen stuck these to the back of the candles to add colour.

{I completely forgot to take a picture of this stage but you can see the coloured candles on one of the photographs below to get an idea as to what they will look like once coloured - this stage is a little fiddly but worth it!}


Take the confetti bag and stick is to the back of the black card as shown.  You can also see in the picture above that I then went ahead and stuck the candles onto the cello bag through the aperture at the front. Once the confetti bag is stuck into place you can add a piece of yellow cardstock from the pad to neaten everything up and to help the confetti show up on the final card!

Finally I used the IN012 In'Spire celebration die to cut out 'happy birthday' from some of the tropical card in the Textura pack.  This was stuck to white card, trimmed and stuck into place.

I always like to think of other ways to use products to get maximum use and I realised that from the other words in the die set 'thank you' and 'you & me' you can make the words 'to you'.  I cut these from a coordinating colour , trimmed the letters and stuck into place.  

This black and yellow piece of cardstock is then stuck to the base card with tape and a white gel pen finishes the design.

Hope you like it, I'm back off for some more Christmas now.

Don't forget about our competition to win the Public Library paper pad on the newsletter - the competition closes soon.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment