Thursday 14 August 2014

Greenhouse card ...




With Summer in full swing now I thought that it would be nice to create a card for any gardeners who have Birthdays coming up soon and when I saw the 'I Love My Garden' stamp set from Woodware I knew that I wanted to create a garden scene around a greenhouse.


The card begins with a 5x7" brown card base.  With the spine on the left hand side find the center point of the short side (at the top) and make a mark.  Measure 6cm down from the top on either side and make another two marks.  Using a pencil join the outer marks to the mark in the center at the top as shown.  This will create the roof of the greenhouse. 


Using the picture as a guide draw in the rest of the greenhouse with a pencil and ruler.  The frame could be as thick or thin as you would like but my frame was 1/4" thick because I used the measuring lines on my cutting mat which happen to be in inches rather than centimeters.  {Don't worry about the pencil marks as these will rub off later}.  This frame is only a guide and you could create yours in any way that you want.  The exact placement of the windows or door etc do not really matter but as a guide I started my door 3cm in from each edge of the card.


Once you have drawn in the Greenhouse.  Use a knife and ruler to trim the top of the roof (cutting through both the front and back of the card).  

Once you have done this, open your card out and continue to cut out the panels of the Greenhouse. REMEMBER TO OPEN YOUR CARD AT THIS POINT OR LIKE ME YOU WILL HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!


Once all cut out I used a white pencil to add a little depth around the frame.


Take a piece of acetate, trim to size and adhere to the back of the frame. 

I used a glue pen to stick the acetate to the frame.  You could see the glue behind so I would suggest that if you were going to stick the acetate this way use the frame to trace out a second frame.  Cut this out and then back your acetate with the second frame.  This way your acetate will be sandwiched between the two frames.  Alternatively use Invisi Dots for Vellum to stick the acetate as the adhesive will not be so obvious.


Take the I Love My Garden stamp set and stamp the images that you want with a black Staz On ink pad (so that you can watercolour the designs).

I painted the images with my Distress Markers by scribbling the thick end onto my acrylic stamping block  and then picking up the ink with a waterbrush to apply to the images.  Once this has dried I added a little extra detail with the same pack of pencils that I took the white pencil from earlier.


Begin to stick the images around the frame with the glue pen or invisi dots (if you don't want the adhesive to show through the acetate).


The sentiment stamp is from another Woodware stamp set - Relatives which was stamped onto white cardstock with the Staz On.  This was trimmed and mounted onto more brown card.  Mini brads were added in the top corners of the sign to look like nails and this was then stuck to the card.


The flowers were created by using a Multi Flower punch from Woodware and some sheets of paper from the Moments and Memories 6x6 Pad from Carta Bella.


I punched lots of flowers (probably used the punch about 8-9 times to get a pile of flowers). If you wonder where the green flowers come from in the picture below - the sheets of paper are double sided!


The smaller flowers were kept to stick on the front of the card (see the first picture).  The larger flowers were used to stick around a punched out circle inside the card.  This white circle could be used to write on when you send the card.


A little white gel pen inside the card and some gems on the flowers on the front of the card and the card is complete.




Hope you like it!  














No comments:

Post a Comment